About Ferry Plantation House
The Ferry Plantation House was named for the Lynnhaven River Ferry Service, which began in 1642. This ten-room Federal farmhouse was acquired by the City of Virginia Beach in 1996 and is operated by a non-profit organization, Friends of the Ferry Plantation House, Inc. Architectural features include: three-course Amerian bond brickwork, interior shutters, country Greek Revival mantels, six-inch heart pine flooring and horse hair plaster. Period antiques donated from estates of the previous owners are displayed throughout the kitchen, dining room, library and bedrooms. Guided tours, as well as educational programs and special events are held March through December.
4136 Cheswick Lane
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23455
Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays 10am to 4pm (Last tour begins at 3:30pm)
Closed to the public in January and February for restoration
children under 4 are free
Members tour for free (Lifetime memberships available for $250 tax deductible)